- Deliver and maintain new and existing Apps using Kotlin and Android UI Toolkit/Jetpack Compose.
- Help the team define development best practices and provide coaching for Junior developers.
- Help the team understand why we should use certain patterns and tools rather than just how.
- Ensure that impediments of any kind are escalated, and pragmatic long-term solutions pursued.
- Delivery of high quality well tested software that meets agreed requirements.
- Collaborate with other Android developers, testers, and other teams working on front-end/back-end tasks.
- Support and promote Agile practices/SCRUM.
- In depth Kotlin experience, strong Coroutines and Flow experience would be highly beneficial
- Working experience with Continuous Integration/ Automated Delivery pipelines (e.g.: Fastlane)
- Knowledge of distributed version control systems (Git/GitHub preferred).
- Experience with dependency injection (e.g.: Dagger2, but Hilt would be a strong plus), the Android Testing Framework, and testing tools such as Espresso.
- Experience with JSON, XML, REST, and interfacing to server-side APIs in a resilient way.
- Fluency in material design and SOLID principles: experience implementing Figma based design systems would be beneficial.
- Solid understanding of WebView integration into apps and how to best design a two-way bridge between apps and dynamic web pages.
- Able to work in medium to large teams.
- Strong experience in modern declarative UI frameworks (Jetpack Compose is a strong plus).
- Experience in integrating advanced animation systems to speed up collaboration with Design (e.g.: Airbnb’s Lottie).
- Experience in designing a scalable modular architecture and self-sufficient composable libraries
- Experience in integrating and testing behavioural and acquisition tracking SDKs.
- Understanding of how to bridge Kotlin to and with Java based code.
The above duties should give an overall picture of the employee’s day to day responsibilities but should in no way be deemed to be an exhaustive list, additional, related, duties may be assigned by the manager in line with business exigencies and continuity.
|Job Category||Android Developer|
|Anticipated Start Date||ASAP|